I have been vegan for 8 years now, and for two years in that time frame, I was eating strictly raw meals.
When I say this, I mean no cooking was ever involved in all our meal preparation. This way, all enzymes and nutrients were kept intact our foods. It is also called Living Food. This includes sprouts, nuts and grains, fruits and vegetables etc.. Although raw eating still has a big part in our eating habits, I am a little less strict with myself and I add cooked grains and warm recipes to our meal. But during my raw eating days, I discovered a recipe which I want to share with you today: (100% raw and it’s my favorite one) Raw zucchini pasta with a sun-dried tomatoes sauce! The ” pasta ” is quite simply a zucchini put through a spiralizer. It’s incredibly easy and quick to do, and you can heat up the sauce or even make it all with normal pasta if you want a warm meal! There are many variants are possible.
Photo by Marï Photographie
Preparation time: 15mins
No cooking needed
- 4 Zucchinis (medium size), put through a spiralizer or sliced with a mandoline
- 2 big tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup red oignons, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (no sulfites)
- 12 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced celery stem
- Salt and pepper, as prefered
- Gather all ingredient in a blender, except for the zucchinis. Let sit for 10 minutes, the sauce will then thicken (the sundried tomatoes will absorb the liquid.) Mix together with the pasta and enjoy!